Yoga for Pregnancy & Birth
UPDATE: All classes and services are currently being offered online due to restrictions of Covid-19
Pregnancy is a normal, natural part of a women’s life, and giving birth is what a women’s body is created to do. Yoga in pregnancy is a beautiful way for a women to prepare physically, mentally and emotionally for birth and the transition to motherhood. Giving birth, a bit like running a marathon, can be an intense physical activity. Increasingly, women are discovering the wisdom of preparing themselves for birth. Yoga for pregnancy provides tools to prepare a women’s body to become birth-fit.
We are fortunate in this day and age to have the support of quality medical services. For most women pregnancy and birth can and should be a natural experience where a women feels confident and empowered to give birth instinctively. Attending these specialist yoga classes helps a women to rediscover their inner power, intuition, and trust in her own body wisdom, bringing confidence in her body’s ability to give birth.
Through the gentle practice of yoga postures, breathing practices, relaxation and meditations at these classes women experience:-
• Improved posture – easing back problems
• Strength and flexibility
• Increased energy
• Improved circulation and help with fluid retention
• Improved sleep
• Reduced tensions and relaxation of body and mind
• Breathing practices to calm the mind and emotions, and for birthing
• Practices that encourage baby in to a good position for birth
• Meditations to support the transition to motherhood and bond with your baby
• Yoga practices for an active birth
• Birth Rehearsals
• The opportunity to meet other mothers, share experiences and make friendships that often last a lifetime.
Classes can start from 14 weeks in pregnancy and are suitable for both those new to yoga and the more experienced yogi.
Cost: £45 for a 6 week block of classes. Classes are held at Tonik Studio, 3 The Coachworks, Glenrothes, KY7 5DP on Monday evenings 7.30-8.45pm.
For further information or to book contact Maggie McKeen via the contacts page or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 078603 60387
Birth Partner Preparation Intensive – Private Preparation Session
A one-off 1/2 day birth preparation session for the expectant mother and birth partner designed to prepare you physically, mentally and emotionally for labour. With a little theory and plenty of opportunity to practice yoga tools and techniques for all stages of labour; you learn to facilitate your body doing what it is designed to do. Increase confidence and trust in your body to birth your baby well. Create your own personalised Birth Plan.In this session we cover labour from the first contractions to the first hold of your baby…Included in this session:-
• Optimal Foetal Positioning and maternal posture in late pregnancy
• Breath and movement techniques for pain management
• Learn how the Birth Partner can support physically and emotionally
• Birthing positions
• Visualisation & relaxation techniques to keep relaxed and calm during labour
• How to deal with the unexpected
• Handouts for practice revisionCost: £90 per couple. To Book contact Maggie via the contacts page or Email at:email@example.com
Tel: 078603 60387