Yoga for Pregnancy & Birth
UPDATE: All classes and services are currently being offered as Live Interactive Online Zoom classes due to restrictions of Covid-19
Pregnancy is a normal, natural part of a women’s life, and giving birth is what a women’s body is created to do. Yoga in pregnancy is a beautiful way for a women to prepare physically, mentally and emotionally for birth and the transition to motherhood. Giving birth, a bit like running a marathon, can be an intense physical activity. Increasingly, women are discovering the wisdom of preparing themselves for birth. Yoga for pregnancy provides tools to prepare a women’s body to become birth-fit.
We are fortunate in this day and age to have the support of quality medical services. For most women pregnancy and birth can and should be a natural experience where a women feels confident and empowered to give birth instinctively. Attending these specialist yoga classes helps a women to rediscover their inner power, intuition, and trust in her own body wisdom, bringing confidence in her body’s ability to give birth.
Through the gentle practice of yoga postures, breathing practices, relaxation and meditations at these classes women experience:-
• Improved posture – easing back problems
• Strength and flexibility
• Increased energy
• Improved circulation and help with fluid retention
• Improved sleep
• Reduced tensions and relaxation of body and mind
• Breathing practices to calm the mind and emotions, and for birthing
• Practices that encourage baby in to a good position for birth
• Meditations to support the transition to motherhood and bond with your baby
• Yoga practices for an active birth
• Birth Rehearsals
• The opportunity to meet other mothers, share experiences and make friendships that often last a lifetime.
Classes can start from 14 weeks in pregnancy and are suitable for both those new to yoga and the more experienced yogi.
Cost: £45 for a 6 week block of classes on Monday evenings 7.30-8.45pm. The first online class is offered FREE to allow you to check out the technology!
The cost also includes a FREE Monthly online Doula Cafe. Attendance offers you the chance to spend time sharing with other pregnant women, and as a Birth Educator, Yoga teacher and Birth Doula who is passionate about women knowing their choices, I share short information sessions on all things birth and baby!
For further information or to book Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 078603 60387